THE BENEFITS OF PLANTS
Just One Thing, Every Day.
Make one change in your daily life to improve your health, reduce the impact of climate change, protect animals and help solve world hunger
BETTER FOR YOUR HEALTH
There are thousands of studies demonstrating that individuals who consume a plant-based diet can achieve a variety of health benefits including:
• Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes related conditions.
• Improved digestion with the increase of fibre in whole-foods.
• Weight loss.
• Better athletic performance.
• Enhanced immune system.
• Daily brain function and overall brain health
BETTER FOR THE PLANET
Everything we consume has a direct impact on the planet. When you choose more plant-focussed meals you are actively reducing your environmental footprint and alleviating climate change.
• Australia is the third fastest growing vegan market in the world with more than two million Australian following a plant-based diet and growing.
• It takes 20 times more water to produce a kilo of beef (between 50,000 and 100,000 litres) than it does rice (about 2500 litres), fruit or vegetables.
• Eating a plant-based diet for one month can save 30 animals and 273 kilograms of CO2.
• Animal agriculture alone represents 14.5% of global greenhouse gas emissions – more than all the world’s planes, trains and cars.
• 49% more food could be added to our global supply by switching animal agriculture to plant-based production.
- Hyson, D., 2011. Fruits, Vegetables, And Health: A Scientific Overview. Produce for Better Health Foundation. Available at: https://www.pbhfoundation.org
- Miller V. et al. Fruit, vegetable, and legume intake, and cardiovascular disease and deaths in 18 countries (PURE): a prospective cohort study. Lancet. 2017; 390: 2037-2049.
- Murray-Ragg N. Australia is the 3rd Fastest Growing Vegan Market in the World. Live Kindly. 2018. Available from: https://www.livekindly.co/australia-vegan-market-growth
- Meyer W. Water for Food - The Continuing Debate. Research Gate. 2004. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269396797_Water_for_Food_-_the_continuing_debate
- Andersen K, Kuhn K. The Facts. Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret. 2014. Available from: https://www.cowspiracy.com/facts
- Tucker-Evans A. In The News: Is It Time For You To Go Vegan?. Animals Australia. 2017. Available from: https://www.animalsaustralia.org/media/in_the_news.php?article=5981
- Foley J. et al. Solutions For A Cultivated Planet. Nature. 2011; 478: 337-342.